PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:30 pm 
Aisle Be There!

Hello!

I know its an odd situation to be in! But can I legally ban a couple of people from attending my church ceremony? I don't think they will object or anything but I really don't want them there as we had a huge argument last year and they don't really fit into ANY of my social circles (everybody has something against them/hates them).

I know the reception is ok to ban them at but I wasn't sure about the church and I am literally having nightmares over them ruining my day. It really would ruin my day :/ they didn't speak to me for just under a year until I announced my engagement and now I just feel like their trying to weezle their way in :(

many thanks :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:49 pm 
Wedding Wise

Nope, as far as I'm aware it's a public building and any old Tom, Rick or Harry can wander in and watch you get wed. Do you really think they would turn up uninvited? Would it really ruin your day if they did?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:53 pm 
Aisle Be There!

I know it seems so petty but I really think it would. They try to be the centre of everything and they are complete stirers and manipulaters. Its a shame because I used to consider them such good friends until they tried manipulating me :/ Oh well, I guess i'll have to endure them being there although I don't think its really fair I have to "endure" anything on my wedding day!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:00 pm 
Wedding Wise

Hmmm... do you have ushers, and if yes can they help in any way? For example, make sure these two are sat at the back of the church, and are occupied with conversation to distract them from you?

If they have any good sense they will know you don't want them there (a year-long silence speaks volumes!) and hopefully your day will be worry free.

Can you somehow make sure your wedding plans and details are kept away from them, so they don't get any idea they are actually welcome?

People, eh? :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:05 pm 
Aisle Be There!

See the problem is that their housemate IS invited. (not my decision but my FH's :/ I dont like him either!) And they've already mentioned to my bestie about how they "expect" to be invited :/
Ushers is the plan I was just wandering if I could physically stop them from coming lol. I may just put something out on facebook like "invites sent, if you don't get one I dont like you...only kidding... not... :P" so make it sort of jokey but actually putting it across there :/

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:18 pm 
Righteous Rings

I wouldn't put anything on FB as it may make them come to cause trouble if they're those kind of people.
If they don't get an invitation then it will be pretty clear that they aren't invited. Whether they expect to be invited or not they will get the message when no invitation arrives but one for their flatmate does.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:05 pm 
Righteous Rings

I agree, don't put anything on FB. They will get the hint when no invite arrives. Maybe your ushers can be ready for them and just tell them they are not welcome if they turn up. I doubt they will though, how embarrasing for them turning up when it's clear they are not invited or wanted.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:12 pm 
Dazzling Diamond

If you don't give them an invite then they are not invited, even if they "expect" to be. Would they really turn up to your wedding if you don't invite them, don't let them believe they are invited and if asked, tell them they are not invited?

If so they are crazy... who would want to be at a wedding they are not welcome at?

People!

xxx

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:58 am 
Dazzling Diamond

A Church wedding has to be open to anyone. I think it's so that people can't marry in secret - eg someone who's already married and doesn't want anyone to let on that they're a bigamist, or something like that. It all has to be open and above board. Don't worry. On the day you won't even notice them. If they try to cause trouble during the service then I'm sure the priest or the verger in charge of the Church will deal with them.