PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:52 pm 
Dazzling Diamond

HI,

im at a total loss as to what kinda thing to do for my hen night.

Im 26 - and my bridesmaids are both 21 - however, the rest of my friends are generally in the late 50s to 60s age, not to mention my mum and gran will be coming.

im not really into the clubbing scene, as i spend most of my free time linedancing

i dont want my one and only hen night to be boring, but need something my older friends will enjoy

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Lorna

xxx

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:46 pm 
Dazzling Diamond

Hi
MMM know what you mean, its hard to find something for everyone. The trend at the moment seems to be personalised t-shirts or other clothing that can be worn on your special night. The good thing with this is you can all be involved (old and young alike) and can be tailored to suit your needs. You mentioned you enjoyed line dancing so why not LINEDANCING LADIES with names or nicknames printed. Have a look at www.sharkbiteclobber.co.uk for some fab ideas of designs. Good luck for the big night and of cousre your big day.
xx  

In Response to HEN NIGHT with older ladies:
Quote:
HI, im at a total loss as to what kinda thing to do for my hen night. Im 26 - and my bridesmaids are both 21 - however, the rest of my friends are generally in the late 50s to 60s age, not to mention my mum and gran will be coming. im not really into the clubbing scene, as i spend most of my free time linedancing i dont want my one and only hen night to be boring, but need something my older friends will enjoy any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Lorna xxx
Posted by mrs_maclean

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:23 pm 
Righteous Rings

i agree with the OP, personalised t-shirts are a big thing at the moment, especially when they can be altered etc.
 xx

Daisypath Wedding tickers

The Fit Or Flop Blog - http://fitorflop.blogspot.com/ - Time To Banish The Baby Belly!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:56 pm 
Covered in Confetti

Oo there are loads of things you could do with a mixed age bracket. I went to a lovely hen do to a family run italian restaurant and then on to a salsa club. Try finding a restaurant that is all about a night out rather than just a quiet meal. I found this brilliant hen company called Haunted Hens (www.hauntedhappenings.co.uk) where you go to a haunted house or mansion or castle go on a ghost. You go dressed to impress for a spooktacular extravaganza of sequins and laughter. Sounds great fun. I also like the new trend to record a song. The best thing to do is go to a dedicated hen site. We have loads of GREAT HEN IDEAS on Confetti. 

Hope that helps, 
Belinda

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:10 pm 
Dazzling Diamond

Young and old can appreciate the finer things in life.. such as a pamper at a spa, and fine dining, younger ones can always go on to other places afterwards...... have a look at check out hennightpoetry.com to make you hen do extra special whatever you decide to go with in the end X

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:59 pm 
Dazzling Diamond

To keep my mixed age range of hens amused I'm opting for a day at the races. We can all get dressed up. I've chosen a date when there is a gig at the end of the races too. Should be a great day x

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:01 pm 
Dazzling Diamond

There's tonnes of stuff you can do that's good for all ages!  I'm hiring a big house in the country so that we can all just go for nice long walks (and stop at the pub of course!)  I looked at a few and there's always things to do that are a bit more 'calm' - so instead of paintballing and jumping off trees we're going for silk scarf making.  There's also a spa in the place we're going to - so we can swim in the pool and chat in the hot tub.  Exactly the kind of thing my mum loves!  We're going to www.hartlandhouseretreat.com in Devon.  There are similar things around the country.  Hope that helps!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:44 pm 
Virtuous Vows

Helped oragnise my friend's hen party.  We started off with a burlesque dancing lesson that was actually very fun.  I can neither dance or be sexy on demands and we all had a great time.  We got lots of compliments.  When then had a cocktail making lesson, after that we went to a bar where we'd hired a table.  We had mroe cocktails and played games/quizzes.  Over the course of the day one of the other hens had put us into teams at random and we had to collect different things-things as innocent as a business card to as odd as some worn pants and socks. (You'd be suprised what we managed to get).  After that we went for a set menu at a chinese in china town.  We had a room to ourselves with our own karioke machine.  By the end of that we were all so knackered we got the last train home and straight to bed.  The bride to be had a great time (25 years old) and all of the hens (from 20s-60s) had loads of fun!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:59 am 
Dazzling Diamond

You should get some hen party t-shirts, dress up a bit and go to bars, or depending on where you live, why don't you go to a show, maybe like a comedy night and then for drinks after. Then if the older people get tired you and your bridesmaids could move onto a club!